It is inevitable that as you work the same job day in and day out that some aspects will become monotonous and you will find yourself procrastinating. This is a normal action that can be combated with a few tips to boost your productivity. Being more productive and proactive in your job will make you feel accomplished in your work and will show your employers that you are an investment worth keeping. Look at these tips to increase your productivity at work:
- SET GOALS: This trick is used to give your ship a heading. Setting goals that you want to accomplish throughout the year will give you drive, purpose, and the ability to get thorough the daily grind.
- JUMP START YOUR DAY: By allowing extra time in the morning to get ready you start the day relaxed. This avoids the feelings of being rushed and behind.
- PRIORITIZE NOT MULTITASK: Throughout the day you should look at your tasks at hand and prioritize them. Do this in the morning, afternoon, and before you leave work. It gives you a clear itinerary to follow to keep on point. Granted there are variables that can cause changes but with a clear focused plan you can have a productive and efficient day.
- LOOSE THE LEG IRONS: It is important to take breaks from time to time. This will allow you to re-focus and bring yourself back on task. Keep these breaks short, under 5 minutes, and don’t abuse the process. By getting up and taking a break for 5 minutes you will re-energize your body by increasing blood flow and you will feel fresh and ready to tackle your next task.
- FUEL YOUR BODY: Snacking during the workday is a great way to keep your energy level up. Look for foods with sustaining energy and are high in protein and fiber. Avoid foods that are full of simple sugars like chips or pretzels.
- INTERUPPTIONS: It is ok to redirect colleagues when they interrupt your work flow. When they ask for your time you can ask politely ask them to come back later, send an email, or ask them to give you 10 minutes to finish your thoughts. While it is important to communicate and aide your colleagues you don’t have to derail your task and momentum to do it. Note: Don’t try this with your boss!
With these tips you will find yourself to be more productive. You will also see an increase in energy levels and feel accomplished. Make your work a place you want to go again and get through the day in a healthy and happy way.